Friday, March 18, 2011

The Horns are tuning up...

In order to jumpstart my involvement in this hobby I've chosen, I decided to enter a 40k League at my favorite gaming store, Area 51 in Grapevine, TX.

The league will be over three months, and will consist of playing two games a month, for a total of six games.

I think I can handle that.

In order to participate, I will need a 2000 point army, and so I sat down and did something I've never done before: write an army list.

HQ
Cato Sicarius

TROOPS
Tactical Squad Alpha
10 man tactical squad, Sgt with Power Weapon, Flamer & ML in a Rhino

Tactical Squad Beta
10 man tactical squad, Sgt with power weapon, Meltagun & Heavy Bolter in a Rhino

Tactical Squad Gamma
6 man tactical squad, Sgt with power weapon in a Razorback with TL HB

Tactical Squad Delta
6 man tactical squad, Sgt with power weapon in a Razorback with TL HB

HEAVY
Vindicator w/ Dozer Blade x 2

Predator with TL Lascannon & Lascannon sponsons

FAST ATTACK
10 man Assault squad with 2 flamers, Sgt with Power Fist and Combat Shield

ELITE
Dreadnought with Drop Pod

I based it on the models I have, maximizing troops, and adding in a few "fun" units. So now all I have to do is paint them all up to tabletop standards in 2 weeks...

Any feedback would be welcome... I'm not worried about being the best, I just want to avoid getting wiped off the table, if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment