Monday, March 21, 2011

Painting progress

Well, a couple of hours of painting, and my mechanized army is coming together.

I basecoated my vehicles using Macharius Solar Orange, which is my go-to foundation paint for painting burnt orange.

In priming my vehicles, I've used everything from GW white primer, to grey Walmart primer, to Krylon fusion paint, so I have gotten varying shades of orange, but for the tabletop, it shouldn't be too bad...

Ok, enough talk, here are the pics...


My first Rhino was the one on the right here, and the one on the left is a Razorback I picked up on eBay...



Here's a side shot of the freehand arrow I'm going to paint on the door...



This Rhino I got from a Bizarre Bazaar at my GW shop last fall... Hard to tell he was Salamanders green in his past life...



I got this one at the same Bazaar, he was primed a flat grey, which I think is the way to go for any future vehicles. I had to hack off the top hatch so I could convert him to a Razorback... The hacked away part covers up nicely when the new hatch is in place... Thankfully...



My WIP Vindicator...



And my "almost done" Vindicator "Invictus"...



My ambitious freehand design for the dozer blade...



My Predator, I wanted something different for my Predator and Whirlwind... I kind of like this, albeit with more detailing of course... The main cannon and the sponsons are magnetized, allowing me to swap weapons...



And my "experimental" Drop Pod... I think I'm going to go with some grey on him and a lot of metallic highlights...

Well, not bad for a couple of hours, only two more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment