Friday, January 21, 2011

To done list...

Ok, I seriously need to get a better camera setup for my minis, my iPhone just won't cut it.

Done:
- One Reaper wolf for a member of my party in the Pathfinder game I'm playing.
I liked this mini, it had a lot of texture that I was able to have fun with. After this pic, I went back in and re-did the "shiny" parts where I missed some of the metal. I guess the primer wore off as I was handling it during painting. I also gave him blue eyes instead of the Bleached Bone ones in the picture.

- One Reaper Paladin, which is my mini for the same Pathfinder game.
I really like this mini. I had to resist the urge to make him completely burnt orange, so instead I basecoated him white, and did Bleached Bone shading to his armor, adding orange to his surcoat and helmet as accents. I also hit his shoulder pads and selected armor joints with Boltgun Metal and Chainmail as a highlight. Finally I used Shining and Burnished gold for the hilt and the cross on his shoulder.


- One Reaper Ranger with bow, which is my backup character in case my Pally gets killed.... :-)
Painting him was a real challenge, since I originally wanted him to be kind of stealthy and muted, but when I finished that color scheme, I realized that he blended in with the map, so I went the opposite way and ended up with a Blood Red cloak and a Hormagaunt Purple tunic/shirt. I'm really happy with the leather and the wood on him, and if the picture were better, you might be able to appreciate the different tones...


In Process
- One Reaper Ranger with scimitar for the same party member.

- One Reaper warrior for another member of my party.

Both of these models are pretty much done with basecoats, now I just have to do some highlighting and apply some washes to give them depth. I'll post pictures next time.

Up next, I get back to my rats as I just picked up a Plagueclaw Catapult for my Skaven army... woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment