Thursday, September 3, 2009

This time, for real!

OK, so this time I will really start maintaining my blog.

A quick update, not possible...

Life is good. I am fully invested in my Space Marine army, I have over 100 models awaiting painting, and bits enough to assemble 40 or 50 more... and that's just the infantry.

How did I get to this point? It started with me getting the AoBR set to try the game out, and have an activity that I could share with my son that wasn't XBOX related. Of course I bought the SM Codex as well, and while the paint was drying on the tactival squad, I decided to go out and buy some bikers, since I liked the White Scars concept.

From there, I decided I needed more bikes, lots more... so I went on eBay and got an incredible deal on bikes (5 and 6 bucks a piece) so I picked up three full squads.

Next, I decided I wanted to try a poseable, modular tactical squad, and of course. a tactical squad needs a rhino, or two, or four...

Oh, did I mention I thought the landspeeders were cool too?

And then the topper, the driver for all vehicle and arm bits purchases, I went to the Bizarre Bazaar and picked up a shoebox of SMs for $30 bucks... the kid that sold it to me said there might be 3 full squads in it, but a quick eye count told me there was more... well I was right... there were 9 tactical squads, not counting a DA squad, and several nice metal models (Librarian, Termie Chaplain, Chaplain, 2 standard bearers, etc.)...

So here I am, my mantle is full of troops and vehicles, but none of them are quite "done" due to my incessant reading about tips and techniques that I want to try for my army... so I have decided that I am done having an assembled, hodgepodge looking army of models I bought, but never touched... Starting this week, I am dedicating time and effort at least 4 times a week to painting and advancing my assembled models...

Progress so far this week:
I have white primered all of my metal models that were previously dunked in Simple Green and stripped. The primer came out blah, with some dusting, that was mostly taken care of with a toothbrush and much cursing...

I have painted the first coat of orange on 10 models of a previously white primered tactical squad, and I have done up one test model of a black primered marine to test an "alternate" night-fighting color scheme...

I am excited, just getting color on those 10 models has made a world of difference in my outlook, and now I can envision the day when I will have a full orange colored army to crush my enemies with... For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment