Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Burn, heretic!

Month 2 of the WH40K league is starting up, and I have my next match Friday night.

The scenario will be Pitched Battle with 1 center objective.

My opponent will be a different Grey Knights player, so I will definitely need a Librarian. For my second HQ choice, I'm prepping a model I've been saving for a while now, my Jump Pack Chaplain.

One of the first things that grabbed my attention when I started learning about Space Marines were the assault squads, with their jump packs charging into battle. You would think I would have chosen a Blood Angels army, but I kind of like to think of Jump Packs as the seasoning, and not the whole meal...

So I primed up my Chaplain and I started blocking IB the colors... Here's his current WIP picture:






The tan areas are where the gold will be...

And here he is with his squad:




The idea behind these guys are to have a mobile, harassing element that I can use to give my opponent something to worry about, hopefully at one of his flanks or from behind.

I'm thinking of keeping them in reserve and deep striking them.

Hopefully I'll have a little time tomorrow to at least get some color on them and finish up the gold on the Chaplain.

Do you have any tips for using Assault Squads?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. I find that Assault units are best used to distract the opponent. they're not an amazing assault unit (ironically), but with a Chaplain can swing the balance for other units in assault, or finish off weakened enemy. Used for attacks of opportunity, they're great- and your opponent will learn to fear them after they've under-estimated the Assault Squad from reading too many Internet tactica :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. snaptube downloading
    snaptube apk
    snaptube app
    snaptube download
    Even though having to install an update yourself might sound a little bit too complicated, it actually isn’t.

    ReplyDelete